Robotic Surgery Center
We have locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Staten Island, and Long Island.
Experts at NYU Langone’s Robotic Surgery Center are international leaders in using robotic technology to manage a wide range of advanced robotic-assisted procedures.
For more than a decade, our surgeons have been performing minimally invasive robotic surgery in multiple specialty areas, including bariatric surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, colorectal surgery, general surgery, gynecologic surgery, urologic surgery, and ear, nose, and throat surgery. NYU Langone orthopedic surgeons also specialize in robotic and computer-assisted hip and knee replacement. A team of specialized physician assistants, nurses, surgical technicians, and anesthesiologists supports our surgeons during every procedure.
Our extensive experience and access to the most advanced robotic technology available allows us to offer procedures to manage many complex conditions. We’re able to perform surgery with pinpoint accuracy, ensuring the best possible result for each patient.
The robotic procedures we perform include the following:
- hysterectomy for benign and cancerous conditions of the uterus
- weight-loss surgery, including revision surgery, for obesity
- prostatectomy for prostate cancer and urinary obstruction
- kidney surgery for kidney cancer, including partial nephrectomy, or partial kidney removal; nephrectomy, or complete kidney removal; and nephroureterectomy, or removal of the kidney and ureter
- urologic cancer procedures, including cystectomy (complete bladder removal) with urinary reconstruction for bladder cancer and lymph node removal for advanced testicular cancer and penile cancer
- urologic reconstructive procedures including pyeloplasty to relieve ureteral obstruction, ureteral reconstruction for ureteral obstructive disease or cancer, sacrocolpopexy to repair uterine prolapse, and gender-affirming surgery
- lung surgery
- cardiac surgery, including robotic mitral valve repair and cardiac tumor removal
- colorectal surgery
- myomectomy, or removal of uterine fibroids
- surgery for head and neck conditions
- treatment of endometriosis, through NYU Langone’s Endometriosis Center
Robotic surgery at NYU Langone is performed in dedicated operating rooms using one of our seven state-of-the-art da Vinci® surgical systems. These units include advanced infrared imaging and dual consoles on which surgeons can work collaboratively.
Currently, we perform more than 2,000 robotic-assisted surgeries each year. NYU Langone pioneered the development and refinement of many robotic surgery techniques and procedures, including the first robotic-assisted cardiac bypass surgery, partial kidney removal with enhanced imaging, and ureteral reconstruction using the inner lining of the cheek. We were also the first in New York City to use enhanced fluorescence imaging in cardiac, gynecologic, and general urologic robotic surgeries.
As leaders in robotic surgical techniques, we train surgeons from some of the most prestigious hospitals in the nation and from around the world in how to perform the latest robotic-assisted cardiac, thoracic, gynecologic, colorectal, and urologic robotic procedures. Last year alone, we welcomed more than 250 physicians from countries including Australia, Brazil, England, France, Italy, Japan, and South Korea. Learn more about our research and educational programs.
To make an appointment or learn more about our services, call 877-ROBO-NYU (877-762-6698).
Our Team of Doctors
Our surgeons, working across a range of specialties, use the most advanced technologies to perform minimally invasive robotic-assisted procedures.