Ambulatory Care Expansion
NYU Langone Health has a long history of engagement with the surrounding community that dates back to the founding of NYU Grossman School of Medicine in 1841. At present, NYU Langone owns and leases more than 6 million square feet throughout the 5 boroughs, with more than 2 million square feet of that on the main campus alone. The depth and breadth of its service is further strengthened by longstanding affiliations with neighboring institutions, especially NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue.
Historically, outpatient care has been centered on the main campus between 34th and 30th Streets, as well as NYU Langone Orthopedic Hospital campus on East 17th Street. Given the inherent physical limits of both campuses, as well as the growing need to bring world-class medical care to patients where they live and work, NYU Langone’s reach is increasingly extending further into the surrounding neighborhood and region.
Three major anchors for this strategy are:
- Ambulatory Care Center, our largest center for off-campus outpatient care, offering a broad array of clinical services in an integrated environment
- NYU Langone Orthopedic Center, the largest freestanding facility of its kind in the country
- Outpatient Surgery Center, dedicated solely to the needs of patients undergoing specialized orthopedic surgical procedures that don’t require an overnight hospital stay
Also in close proximity to the main campus is Perlmutter Cancer Center at 160 East 34th Street, as well as several other sites clustered between 30th and 38th Streets.
Finally, a growing portfolio of practices in the New York metropolitan region continues to expand NYU Langone’s reach, including NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Bay Ridge and NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Brooklyn Heights in Brooklyn; NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Rego Park and NYU Langone Cardiovascular Associates in Queens; and NYU Langone Huntington Medical Group and NYU Langone Ambulatory Care Lake Success on Long Island.