My early interest in the science of the mind, as well as in people’s life stories, put me on the path to psychiatry. I was curious to learn what leads to the development of personality and how that shapes our choices. As a clinical psychologist, I continue to derive satisfaction in helping others make life changes.
At NYU Langone, I work with adults, couples, and groups. I see people who have a range of conditions, including personality disorders, mood disorders, substance abuse disorders, impulse disorders, anxiety disorders, and trauma. I frequently work with people who feel “stuck” in some way in their lives, and I help them move forward.
I integrate techniques from dialectical behavior therapy (DBT), cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), psychodynamic therapy, harm reduction, motivational interviewing, and mindfulness-based skills, as well as emotion-focused therapy (EFT) for couples. In addition, I run two therapy groups focused on DBT. I often collaborate with other professionals to determine the best treatment plan and take a holistic approach to care.
I see patients at NYU Langone Psychiatry Associates in Manhattan, but for patients who live in New Jersey or who are on maternity or medical leave, I’m able to offer online doctor visits through the NYU Langone Health app. I also offer these video visits to others who prefer this option, as long as it supports their treatment plan and goals.
In 2015, I received the Joan Saddow Award for excellence in teaching from Mount Sinai Beth Israel.
Conditions and Treatments
- acute stress disorder
- adjustment disorder
- anxiety disorders
- bipolar disorder
- generalized anxiety disorder
- mood disorder
- panic disorder
- post-traumatic stress disorder
- social anxiety disorder
- traumatic stress disorder
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry at NYU Grossman School of Medicine
- Director, FGP Psychology Fellowship Program, NYU Langone Psychiatry Associates
- Associate Psychology Director, NYU Langone Psychiatry Associates
Education and Training
- Fellowship, St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital Center, Psychiatry, 2012
Is this your profile?Edit profile
Insurance Plans Accepted
This provider accepts the following insurance plans.
- Aetna EPO (AMEX employees)
- Aetna POS (American Express Employer)
Blue Cross Blue Shield
- BCBS EPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire EPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (NYU Langone Employees)
- BCBS EPO - Empire NYU Care (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- BCBS PPO (BlackRock Employees)
- BCBS PPO - Empire PPO (Sunset Park/Family Health Center Employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (AMEX employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (Blackrock employees)
- United Healthcare Choice (CBS employees)
- United Healthcare EPO (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Indemnity (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Plus (NYU Langone Health Employees)
- United Healthcare Value, Advantage and HDHP (New York University employees)
Locations and Appointments
NYU Psychiatry Associates
1 Park Avenue, 8th Floor, New York, NY 10016
Political psychology. 2011 AUG; 32:601-621